Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Big Bad Braid Out

Braid outs have seriously eluded me in the past. I've tried and failed. Many times. Thanks to some great guidance and a little product advice. I kinda think that I've got the hang of it! (Shout out to Miss Age in ATL for everything!) Kinda. Ha-ha! Here are the details on my mid-week braidout: 


How to: 

  1. Detangle and moisturize hair. I started with air dried hair then I used It's a 10! to moisturize.
  2. Divide hair from ear to ear. Then split the front section into a deep diagonal part. 
  3. Separate the large section into two. Apply styling product. My product of choice was Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Pudding. Next, double strand flat twist (Its like a traditional cornrow but with two pieces of hair instead of 3). Add one double strand flat twist to the remaining section. Twist to the ends.
  4. Split the back into 4 sections and double strand flat twist (with styling product).
  5. Just to be on the safe side, I secured the ends of my braids with (red) flexirods.
  6. Cover with a silk scarf overnight. Gently unravel en la manana and go on about your business!
I loved the definition that Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Pudding gave this braid out. (Although I didn't care for it's scent) I was actually shocked at how much I liked the look. Because I'm so used to having my hair up, I ended up pinning up the ends into a faux bob to go on errands. And. Then. It. Rained. Ha-ha! I got caught in a soaking downpour. By the time that I got home, my hair was a big frizzy poof ball. *Kanye Shrug* So it is. The next time, I'm definitely going to check the weather before I walk out the door!

Any tips on perfecting braid outs?

Un mil besitos!
KLP

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! So glad that I snapped pics before that storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW you would love that pudding! I get amazing results everytime I use it; but like you, I HATE the smell! I love the definition and shine you got. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I didn't even notice the shine! #winning Do you think that it was from the CD Hair Milk Pudding?

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!