Tuesday, March 05, 2013

SOS: Flaky/Itchy Scalp

Hola Chicas!

 I hope you SOS DIVAS had a wonderful weekend! I realized after my wash this weekend that I have a scalp issue! :( Honestly, I have been realized this for a while now and have been trying to figure out ways to combat this issue. It is soooooo toturing to itch like crazyyyy or to feel like others can see these huge flakes just pouring out of my head! Through research, I realize that my eczema maybe the leading culprit in my dry/itchy scalp. However, I have been lucky to have mildly eczema outbreaks every so often due to stress.

I will not allow my scalp to be the reason for bad hair care or hair breakage. I want to stimulate my scalp positively! hehe So, if you are like me, I have a few tips that have been working for me and I have been progressing. I realize naturally, I have a dry scalp but I can maintain it and "tame" it!

SOS Tips:

1. Drink Water! I know.. I know.. but KLP is soo right about water. I have realized that when I drink more water, overall my skin does ten times better! So, drink up!

2. Wash hair consistently! I realize, finally, that I must wash my hair 1-2 times a week. I can not wait every two weeks or even past 4 days sometimes. You have to listen to your hair. I realize I have retained more healthy hair also once I started to wash better! (sounds kinda bad lol) 

3. Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner has been soooo awesome to me. I have noticed a tremendous change in my scalp. I use it after my wash and at least once/twice before next wash day for scalp massage. Now, you must always try something out before making it a staple..so I bought a small bottle just to see but now I am sold! It is one of my staples.

4. Essential Oil Mix: I realize that you need the natural stuff lol also! I have made my own blend with EVOO, Peppermint oil, Rosemary oil, Eucylatus oil and Vitamin E oil. I plan on adding EVCO to my mixture as well possibly. However, I have felt that tingly sensation and have seen a difference in my scalp. I utilize mine in my prepoo and every other day at times with a scalp massage.

5. Black/Green Tea Rinses! I personally primarirly do Black Tea Rinses and I have noticed less shedding and a healthier scalp when this is within my regimen. When I was not doing rinses consistently, but everything else, my scalp was still semi-bothersome. However, I feel complete no matter what with black tea rinse in the equation! Every hair is different, for example, KLP does green tea and uses smoothing treatment after...so you should really pay attention to your scalp!

These tips have been my saving grace! I itch rarely in between washes and my scalp feels so clean. I have also noticed little to no flakes in my hair after washes and in between them. So, I would advise to rotate in different methods that are beneficial if your experiencing the same issue. I definitely say doing scalp massages is a huge plus!


How have you dealt with your flaky/itchy scalp!?

Muahz
Keyda

4 comments:

  1. I had the same issue. I deal with it by keeping my scalp clean with twice a week shampooing with a sulfate free shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess.. products matter! I definitely pay attention to my shampoo as well.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I absolutely agree. These tips are also awesome for combating extreme shedding too. It's amazing how all of these techniques work hand in hand for creating a healthier head of hair from root to tip!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!