Friday, March 01, 2013

Wash Day

Hola Chicas!

A few tidbits: I tried something different during this wash routine with my DC regimen. I put EVOO over my treatment mask and I used a new deep conditioner (Optimum Care Salon: Deep Conditioning Masque). My hair felt coated as it dried, and I am not a fan of that. I am not sure if it was the change in conditioner or the oil. However, I will assume it is the EVOO that made my hair feel extra thick and retry the conditioning masque before saying yay or nay to it. <shrugs>

All my shedding :)
(1) Detangled with Hercules Sagemann Magic Star Comb .. I have grown to love this comb as much as KLP! me gusta!
(2) Prepoo: JBCO, My Essential Oil Mix on my scalp, and Halka Baba de Caracol on length of my hair. Placed a warm towel (wet it then heat for few secs in microwave) on my head and enclosed it in a cap!
(3) Co-washed with Creme of Nature Chamomile & Comfrey Nourishing Conditioner ( I must admit, I really like the creme of nature line! It is new and improved!)
Side View
(4) Semi-Extreme Deep Condition with Optimum Care Salon: Deep Conditioning Masque and Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Moisturing Treatment. Then coated my hair with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. (Many of my products have coconut oil in them, I am realizing so I stray away from overkilling lol so I majority of time use EVOO.. my hair also loves it!) I placed a warm towel on my head under plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for about 40 minutes! (Hence - semi extreme..I admit I need to strengthen that lol)
(5) Leave-ins: Aphogee with Keratin and Green Tea and a little Organix Coconut Anti-breakage Serum (Check my review!) Also placed Philip Kingsley Toner on my scalp!

Before Faux Bob
My Hair Reality: I had tried two moisturizing treatments at same time before but this time it did not turn out so great.. :( So, I am not sure if I will try again or not. On the other hand, this was my first time coating with EVOO and using Optimum Masque. Next time, I will use just the Optimum Masque and the EVOO, and see how my hair feels. After completely drying, it was soft and I did not feel that "extra coat" feelings so it could be in my head! lol I did have little shedding and my scalp still feels good! :D Wish is alwaysss a plus para mi!

Faux bob was inspired by KLP! :D

My Faux Bob

How did your wash day go? Am I the only one that can not sit under that dungeon of a dryer for long lol?


Muahz
Keyda

**P to the S.. My hair was that short in summer of 2011, I am SOOOOOOOOO tempted to go back to that short length.........aye! lol What to do!?**

3 comments:

  1. Instead of EVOO next wash day try a lighter oil like grapeseed and see if it helps prevent that waxy coated feeling.

    I used to depise sitting under the dryer forever. I still did it but I was terrified that I was gonna wake my little ones. Now that I have my heating cap wash day extreme deep conditioning is like rainbows and glitter! Ha-ha!

    I love your fux bob! Can you explain how you air dry? Do you just let your hair hang until its dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooook .. that's why your awesome! :) I shall buy some and try it.. and I think I need that heating cap!!! how awesome is!?

      I just tie down my edges with satin scarf then just let it hang for a while and after mostly dry, I put it in a bun. Or I just clip it into a bun to air dry.

      Im soooo tempted to cut my hair!! lol

      Delete
    2. Put the scissors down! Go with a trim!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!